Friday, December 16, 2011

Are you the windshield or the bug and Jingle Jesus

Well, it has been over a year since I have written in this blog. Now, as I sit here 9 short days before Christmas, I am full of joy. Life has certainly had its triumphs and trials this past year. But, as Charlie Brown says "What if today, we were just grateful for everything?" As I was telling a friend today; Sometimes you are the windshield-Sometimes you are the bug. He was having a bug kind of day. But, I proclaimed to him "Tomorrow-You get to be the windshield!"

Greg and I went through a drive through the other day. The man that handed us our coffee asked 'What is Jingle Jesus bringing you this year?" I had never heard that terminology before and to be honest, I was taken aback by it. But, as I watched a Christmas program on TV a few days later, the Santa Clause character gave a lady a hug and healed her broken heart. I realized right then that we have morphed Jesus and Santa together so much that to many people Jesus is Santa and Santa is Jesus. The true joy of the Lord comes from knowing the difference. Santa has a place in most of our hearts because we looked forward all year long to what he would bring us on that most special day of the year. We behaved like blessed little angels in the weeks leading up to Christmas in hopes that he would forget how we behaved the rest of the year. Jesus has an even bigger place in our hearts because He not only bestows gifts upon us on one spectacular day of the year, He gave His life so that we could live forever. Now, that is a Christmas present worth behaving ourselves all year long for!

A few things I am grateful for:

My Lord and His love for me.
My husband as we come up on our 31st anniversary.
My children and their spouses and my grandchildren.
My extended family and the love we have for each other.
My Church family and friends.
My good health and the health of my family.

A few prayers that I pray over you:

I pray for peace in your heart and peace in your family.
I pray for health in your body and health in your relationships.
I pray for a closer walk with the Lord every day.
I pray that the Joy of the Lord be your strength in this season.
And I pray that you have a windshield sort of day!

Go out there and be grateful for everything.
Blessings to you, my friends.
Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i know that your post is a few months old. But I really enjoyed reading your message for things that you are grateful for. A lot of us fail to see the simple joys of life and we take for granted the people that fill our hearts with love on a daily basis. It is refreshing to see that Love is still in the LIght of some of us and it should always be bright.
    www.ragazzabazaar.como

    ReplyDelete