Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Is He being silent or.........

Sometimes I think that God is not speaking to me or I just am not very good at hearing from Him. Then I ask Him a question and I have an immediate answer and I realize, once again, the only time He is not speaking to me is when I am not speaking to Him. Why oh why do I wait so long between conversations? Believe me, He always has something good to say. I pray all the time, "Lord give me ears to hear, eyes to see and a heart to understand your ways." But, what good does it do me, or you if I have ears to hear and eyes to see and a heart to understand His ways if I don't enter into the conversation with Him in the 1st place? hmmm

Last night I asked the Lord what He wanted to talk to me about and He quickly answered Solomon. I thought, hmm Solomon. I opened my bible and it flipped open to the story of Solomon. To me, this is an example of all you gotta do is ask! He is so ready to speak to you and lead you to where He wants to take you. I implore you to take a moment and ask Him what He wants to talk to you about.

There are a lot of great things from Solomon's life in the 2 Chronicles 7-9 scriptures that the Lord is speaking to me about right now, but I will save those thoughts for later. I think He wanted you to know that He is listening. He is ready to speak. Are you ready to enter into the conversation with Him?

Be blessed my friends and let me know what the Lord is saying to you.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great insight on how to hear from the Lord. Spend time speaking to him. Some might think they do not qualify to hear from God. Thanks for this teaching.

    ReplyDelete