Friday, July 16, 2010

Quarantine yourself

On 12-29-08, the Lord gave me a word for myself and the congregation. The following is a portion of that word.
" Relegate the things of the past to the past and look to me. Allow me to be your rear guard, your buffer. I AM-Yes, I am that I am and I am for you. Quarantine yourself, quarantine yourself for a time of holiness. Go forth only as I tell you to. Create my presence by hearing my voice and listening to what you hear. I am as near as the whispers in the trees."

This morning, He reminded me of the part that reads, quarantine yourself. It is once again time to be quarantined from the needs of the world. Sometimes the cries of the earth and the people therein are so loud that it is difficult to pull away and focus on the Lord. I feel strongly that He is telling me, He can take care of those who are crying; those who are in need. He wants to talk to me. There have been times that He has told me, "Hear my voice and listen to what you hear." I know that sounds redundant, but how many times have you heard something and not listened to it? We live with so much background noise that we have learned how to tune out so many things. It is once again time to quarantine yourself, hear from the Lord and listen to what He is saying to you. I know it is a challenge in this ever busy world, but He wouldn't ask it if it wasn't possible.

Tonight I was reading Ezekiel 3:22-24 There the hand of the Lord was upon me and He said to me, "Arise, go out into the plain, and there I shall talk with you." So I arose and went out into the plain, and behold, the glory of the Lord stood there, like the glory which I saw by the river Chebar, and I fell on my face. Then the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet, and spoke with me and said o me; "Go shut yourself inside your house........ 27: But when I speak with you, I will open your mouth, and you shall say to them. 'Thus says the Lord God, He who hears, let him hear, and he who refuses, let him refuse, for they are a rebellious house.

When I read this, I was reminded of what He was speaking to me this morning about being quarantined. This scripture says "shut yourself inside your house'.... but when I speak with you, I will open your mouth and you shall say to them.....

I think He was reminding me that when I am quarantined with Him, He speaks not only to me, but to you. I know that He is no respecter of persons and He wants to speak to you as well as to me. So, my friends, take this opportunity to set aside some significant time to wait upon the Lord so that He can speak to you and then open your mouth with His word.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment