Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Perspective, thoughts from David Lake

My friend, David Lake shared this word with me today and I thought it would be encouraging for each of you. Be blessed as you read what the Lord told him about perspective. Dawn


I was spending time with the Lord today and just wanted to encourage everyone to keep these times in perspective! Hope you enjoy! David

James 1:2-4, My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete , lacking nothing.

You bring out Your chosen people from among the captives as a testimony to Your children that You are able! Lest there have been captivity how would I have know that there was no chains that could hold bound those whom You have called! Each thing in this life is not about my ability to overcome. It is about Your testifying to each man of Your great power! You speak of Your faithfulness by the circumstances that cause me to depend on You! How would I have known You could lead me through the wilderness lest You have allowed a wilderness for me to be led through? How could I know that You rescue me from the enemy lest You allow an enemy to rescue me from? How could I know the wickedness of my heart lest You allow me to walk after my heart? How could I have known Your mercy lest You allow me to put myself in a position where I need Your mercy? How could I have known You provide for me lest You allow me to be in a position where only You can provide? How could I know that You give me wisdom lest You allow a problem that exhausts my supply of ideas? How could I have known my foolishness lest You allow my foolishness to manifest itself? How could I have known my need for Your strength to stand lest You allow the situation that reveals my best efforts fail me in my efforts to stand? How could I know that You meet me in the quiet place lest there be a noisy place where You are not? How could I have known my thinking was not Your thinking lest my expectations were not met so that I might see that You have something greater! You are good! Life is not about overcoming the enemy. What need is there to overcome that which You have already defeated. He merely is a pawn which God uses to show His greatness to those whom He loves! Life is an illustration of who You are. Each circumstance reveals to me that which is hidden in my heart. Every situation, a picture that reveals Your character to those whom You love. Each one of us is really the center of Your world. You made it like that. You wrote a story about each one of us. Each chapter testifies of how You came to show Yourself to us. Each book is about Your child.

John 17:3, And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

2 comments: